***EXCITING NEW PUBLISHING JOB OPPORTUNITY***
It’s Stephanie, the SYP North Chair, writing to you today. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and an amazing New Year.
So, New Year, New You! And what better way to start the year than to bag yourself an awesome #publishing job as Editorial Assistant (without having to relocate to London!)
There is now a #vacancy at the children’s #book publisher where I will shortly be leaving as I move on to pastures new! The role is #Editorial Assistant and is a perfect opportunity for those looking to get into the industry, or are already working at entry-level and would like to take on more responsibility and play a vital role in developing a #publishing frontlist.
Based in a beautiful location just outside of Worksop, Nottinghamshire (within commuting distance of Lincoln, Newark, Nottingham, and Mansfield, among other towns and cities), the job is a really exciting introduction into the colourful world of children’s books.
Please find information about the job below. Please share with anyone you might feel would be interested in the position. The deadline for applications is 30th January 2017 but early applicants will be interviewed before then. If you’re interested, please send your CV and covering letter to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, PM me on Facebook for more information about the job. Can’t wait to hear from you! Good luck!
Award Publications Ltd
Job description – Editorial Assistant
An exciting new opportunity for a motivated individual with a passion for children’s books to join an award winning independent children’s publisher based near Worksop. This wide ranging position will play a key role in supporting the International Sales and Production teams and is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop a career in publishing.
Key Editorial duties:
· Assist in the creation of new concepts and commissioning of new titles
· Authoring of text
· Proofreading and editing
· Coordinating authors, illustrators and freelancers and maintaining close working relationships with them
· Writing and managing author/artist project briefs
Key Design duties:
· Assist in designing and creating new products
· Making up samples and materials for Book Fairs
Key Sales Support duties:
· Use in-house systems to compile and maintain product lists, advanced book information and sales presentation materials
· Ensure sales team and agents are kept informed and supplied with necessary materials and information
· Assisting the sales and marketing team with marketing campaigns on social media and blogging sites
Experience / skills required:
· Excellent IT skills, including strong Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and preferably InDesign/Creative Suite
· Excellent time-management and organisational skills, particularly the ability to manage own workload and prioritise accordingly
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Good written and verbal communication
· The ability to work on your own initiative and solve problems
· A good eye for detail
· Education or experience to degree level or equivalent
· Prior experience in sales support or publishing, and/or fluency in an additional European language would be an advantage but is not essential.
The closing date for applications for this role is Saturday 15th January 2017, though interviews may take place throughout the application period. Earnings potential to £20k, dependent on experience and performance.